- 8 cups - water
- 4 bags - Tetley Green Tea Bags
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) - granulated sugar
- Pinch - baking soda
- 2 - lemons, sliced
- ice cubes
- Pour the water into a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add the tea bags and remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard.
- Stir in sugar and baking soda.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled or up to 3 days.
- Add lemon slices before serving over ice.
- Add mint leaves to the pitcher to add a beautiful and refreshing flavour to your ice tea.
- Filtered water will make the clearest tea.
- Adding baking soda to the tea removes any bitterness without needing lots of extra sugar.
*Per serving: 62 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 16.5 g sugars, 0 g protein.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Try this classic home brewed iced tea recipe made from Tetley Green Tea to keep yourself hydrated and refreshed!
Find out how you can use each flavour in delicious dishes!