- 8 cups - water
- 4 bags - Tetley Green Tea
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) - granulated sugar
- Pinch - baking soda
- 2 - lemons, sliced
- ice cubes
- Pour the water into a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add the tea bags and remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard.
- Stir in sugar and baking soda.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled or up to 3 days.
- Add lemon slices before serving over ice.
- Add mint leaves to the pitcher to add a beautiful and refreshing flavour to your ice tea.
- Filtered water will make the clearest tea.
- Adding baking soda to the tea removes any bitterness without needing lots of extra sugar.
*Per serving: 62 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 16.5 g sugars, 0 g protein.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Find out how you can use each flavour in delicious dishes!